.338-404 Imperial Magnum

Paul, much, much appreciated..Paul yes, as pointed out, I would not consider going the .338 Edge route at all..since this issue is all about the historical part of the Imperial Magnum in a .338 caliber from the inventor...

Paul, not to sound arrogant at all...I looked at the RUM calibers as well...but still made the choice to keep to the .338 Imperial Magnum...I think the historical side of this caliber/originator `s properties/items made this a decision I can live with..

Completely agreed. It'll be a unique keepsake to obtain that from the cartridge inventor!

Curiousity caused me to see where Witbank is located. Never been to Africa, but would like to visit/tour some day. Not so much to hunt. Just to see the country...

Last edited:
Completely agreed. It'll be a unique keepsake to obtain that from the cartridge inventor!

Curiousity caused me to see where Witbank is located. Never been to Africa, but would like to visit/tour some day. Not so much to hunt. Just to see the country...
Paul, please feel free to contact me when you want to come hunting in South Africa, my house is available to you, I do have friends who are game farm owners if you want to hunt as well...just let me know, I will be glad to assist a forum member ...there are a lot of opportunities to do different types of hunts, long range, close bush-veld hunts walk and stalk hunts and you really do not have to pay an arm and leg to hunt on my friends` farms...just let me know what you want to do, you can take a trip to the Kruger National Park as well..or if you want to camp in the Limpopo Wilderness region on the banks of the Limpopo river you can do that as well..

Wow..., very generous of you Gert! Africa is a unique environment, and if I do ever make that trip, you may very well hear from me. It would be a tremendous benefit to be able to tap the knowledge of a local resident.

Paul

Wow..., very generous of you Gert! Africa is a unique environment, and if I do ever make that trip, you may very well hear from me. It would be a tremendous benefit to be able to tap the knowledge of a local resident.

Paul
Paul, my house is open to you, you are more than welcome, to tour or to come hunting I can assist you with both options/scenarios, the Kruger Park will be a great place for you to see, the Lowveld /Limpopo regions are still some pieces of land that is wild...let me know, I will assist you in every way possible...

You are more than welcome to visit South Africa , let me know what part of South Africa will you want to tour?? I can make suggestions as well, but you have to plan for next year, the COVID 19 virus has everything on hold here..

Members, here are photos of .300 RUM brass if there are members who want to purchase these brass please let me know..
2da2fbcc-a61f-475d-aa88-825d1ac82c08.jpg
8a3bd086-c522-4170-8d98-f9bcefde933a.jpg
50fd8d6e-1733-4219-8aaf-bd0a3d40c154.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.