330 grn 338 Berger VLD?

cumminsusa

My neighbor was just telling me that his gunsmith just should him the last time he was there checking on his gun. The new Berger VLD for 338 witch is 330 grains. Asked him if he was talking about the hybrid 300 grain. He said nope it was a VLD 330 grain. If anybody has heard, seen, or even had the chance shoot one. Witch is very doubtful. Do tell!

That is what he told me. Until the hybred did Berger only make bullets up to the 30 cal? That is all that is on there website.

I sure hope you're wrong and those won't be the replacements for the 250ct. box I just sent back because my 338 Lap Imp only has a 1-10 and I'm sure that won't be enough twist for a 330gr VLD.

There will not be a 330 grain .338 bullet.

Currently the only .338 caliber bullet available from Berger is the 300 grain Hybrid.

We plan to have a Hybrid, VLD, and Boat Tail in both 300 and 250 grain (6 bullets total). For the time being, the 300 grain Hybrid is the only one available.

-Bryan

LOL your 338AM would love them till they exited the barrel, then they would be turned into about #6 shot. :)

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.