30mm Rings for Ruger M77 MkII

How do you like the scope.
Is that the lowest rings that will work with the rail?
It is heavy but, surprisingly, has very nice optical clarity. I have not done any tracking tests yet. I can go lower with the rings, but it is what came with the scope, and for the price I paid for it, I will give it a go first. It is also a 20 MOA rail. The new 30MMs are a lot lighter.

It is heavy but, surprisingly, has very nice optical clarity. I have not done any tracking tests yet. I can go lower with the rings, but it is what came with the scope, and for the price I paid for it, I will give it a go first. It is also a 20 MOA rail. The new 30MMs are a lot lighter.
I have the new 30mm on order. That is what these rings are for.

As mentioned before the Weigitinny are not recoil proof for heavier loads. I have two mounted on Ruger 77 short actions and they work just fine. Great for swapping scopes for testing or different loads. I have both 338WM and 375 Ruger model 77 and I use the 30mm Ruger rings exclusively on the heavy calibers with out any problems. I recently mounted a larger objective scope on the 338WM with the tall ring set. I did remove the rear sight and base as I thought the clearance was just too tight. Front sight remains in place and does not interfere with the sight picture.
While I don't consider the Ruger rings to be a quick disconnect, they are removable and provide "huntable" accuracy when changing scopes. Thus I always take a spare scope ready to go on any distant hunt I have to travel to. I recently did that with the 375Ruger on hunt where the manager want a few animals culled from the property. I swapped scopes and loads and spent a 2 more days hunting these animals. a really fun bonus on the trip.
I find the key to repeatability when swapping these scopes is to start with mounting the ring bases. Reseat them a couple of times, wiggle and play with them till they settle in consistantly and easily. Then check the alignment of the rings with your scope or test tool. I rarely have needed to lap the rings, but it does happen. Next carefully mount the scope with the top rings to the tight bases and you should be good to go.