.308 reloads...recommendations for best results @300yds?

Xspeediant

Newbie here. Lots of products out there and hoping to get recommendations for the best combo bullet, brass, powder for hunting (and target) elk and deer out to 300 yards. Thanks for any help.

There are many options for the 308. For 300 yard shooting and hunting any bullet in the 180gr range intended for hunting will work. Berger, Nosler, Barnes, Hordany....all will work. If "I" had to choose my start would be with this:

Lapua Brass
210M Primer
Varget powder
180gr AccuBond

This works very well for me.

1. Berger VLD 175
2. Win. brass
3.IMR XBR 8208 powder
4.CCI BR2 primer

There are many options for the 308. For 300 yard shooting and hunting any bullet in the 180gr range intended for hunting will work. Berger, Nosler, Barnes, Hordany....all will work. If "I" had to choose my start would be with this:

Lapua Brass
210M Primer
Varget powder
180gr AccuBond

Thank you...do you use a local dealer or shop online?

X- did you get drawn for elk?? what rifle? scope? varget, I4064 and re-15 some good powders. 168 berg and 168 cbt are some good bullets.

for targets most use a 168 or 175, and varget or I-4064. riflemansjournal and 24hourcampfre have other loads.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.