308 loads

Dont shoot the 165 but I shoot 46.5gr verget with a 155 lapua bullet with great results.You can also find some good loads on www6mmbr.com go to the 308 info page.

We have an unofficial standing rule that serious .308 Winchester shooters put Varget on their Rice Krispies in the morning and they load 45 grains of Varget with a 168 or 175 grain bullet to an overall length of 2.830" in Winchester brass with Winchester primers and then they go out and kill everything they see with one shot regardless of distance out to 700 yards - other than that you will not go wrong with Varget or 4064 or TAC. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

I load for a Whitworth commercial Mauser. It shoots SSTs under an inch with 45.5 and 46gns Varget under an inch. I tried the same loads with a BT and it was about 1.5 inch. 46.5 grains shoots 150 Power Point under an inch also. They are cheap ($11 per 100)for practice and up to 200yds, but have the BC of a grape. capt david /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.