.308 help

7Rumloader

I'm in need of some loads for a 308 with 150 accubonds. What powder and primer combo did you get the best results with if you have used this bullet is what I'm looking for.
I'm gonna be loading them for a friends rig and he is only going to be shooting out to around 300 to 350 max (I'm working on getting him into long range stuff)

#2 I also need any loads that anyone may have for a .243 with 90 grain scirrocco's. Same deal as above what powder and primer yielded the best results?

Thanks in advance for the help!

in my stock savage 10fp I was using 165 grain ballistic tips on top of 44 grains of blc-2, and fed 210 primers. This load produced some nice sub 1/2 moa groups. I suggest you get a pound of blc-2 or a pound of varget and find what charge the gun likes.

i don't know about accubonds but i am using 150grain b-tips loaded at jam length into the lands with 47grains of varget in a lapua case and fed match primer. it is getting hot in my rifle but is making 2900fps from a 24" tube and is knocking things down a fair way out.....

Thanks guys! I was thinking varget powder since I had heard of good results with it in the 308.
I have never loaded for one of these before so any suggestions or tips with this cal will help!
Thanks again!

7RUMloader,
My experience has not been with accubond 150 grains, but using SIERRA MATCHKING 155 grains, Federal Match primers, Winchester brass and 49.0 grains of Varget producing a muzzle velocity of 2963 f/s. This load out of my son's ruger m77 varmint will consistently shoot the first four shots out of five in under 0.5 inch.

My vote also goes to the Varget ,its great stuff very stabill and pretty consistant from lot to lot.

I shoot 150gr Ballistic tips over 48grs of Varget with good speed and great accuracy

Thanks Eaglet and JDJones!
The 308 is his wifes rig and it's a savage ( forgot what model ) and the 243 is his and also is a savage.
I found a load for the 90 grain scirrocco on reloaders nest so I'm good there. I have hopes of getting them both into long range shooting and hunting in the future and if I do then I will intrduce them to reloading also but for now I'm just gonna make them some better ammo than they have been shooting.
Thanks again for the help to all that have replied and if anyone else has some info lets hear it!

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.