308 ammo

Vodek Durlej

I have bought Remington 700, 26" barrel, 308 caliber.
Does anybody know about ballisics of the bullets and a scope
I should by for target shooting up to 1000 yards

How much do you want to spend on your scope? Are you strictly target shooting? Do you plan on hunting with the rig? what will ya hunt with it?

As far as ammo goes... Imo you want to try to use something like Federal 175 g match. You want something between 168 and 190 gr imo.

Last edited:
I want to spend between $400-$600 to be able to hit atarget at 1000 yard.
I want it for target shooting only.

Thank u for you help.

Some candidates would include the Bushnell elite 4200 series, Nikon Monarch, and the Sightron Big sky series. The power level depends on what you would like. You can shoot 1000 yards with a 10 power scope but higher is nicer. Also, the highest power on the scopes will be greatly affected by mirrage on hot hot days. Others can give you better advice on what power and scope.

Also, as far as the bullets go... try a few different match grade loads and find the one your rifle shoots best.

I have bought Remington 700, 26" barrel, 308 caliber.
Does anybody know about ballisics of the bullets and a scope
I should by for target shooting up to 1000 yards

I have a springfield armory gen II with the 1000yard range finding recticle in it.Scope is 4-14x56 very accurate scope with 168 grain match bullets.sell for 550.00 shipped

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.