303 British reloading question

epags

I have finally had my sporterized Enfield repaired. Bought it used way back in 1969 and found it had a burr in the chamber that damaged the brass when fired so it became a closet queen until December of last year (41 years later....yes I am that old) when I found a local gunsmith that could recut the chamber. Even with the bad chamber I could get an occasional 3 shot 1" MOA. Even a blind pig can occasionally find a truffle. LOL
At any rate I wish to reload some Hornady 150 grain spire points and some Remington 180 RNSPs that I have had forever on the shelf.
The question is: After I find the overall length to lands for each bullet and use a comparator to get the ogive length, will the comparator's "30" work for a 303 caliber bullet" I think it will but want the guidance of this august group.

Attachments

• brisih 303 2.jpg
    brisih 303 2.jpg
    622 KB · Views: 60
  • british 303 1.jpg
    british 303 1.jpg
    605.8 KB · Views: 59
Some have God only knows how many round through them...lol. I tried for years to make one work and case life was zero with the horrible chambers...I just tossed in the towel

I think I may have gotten lucky. My gunsmith said the chamber was scored so he removed the barrel and recut the chamber (to a tighter tolerance than the original). I will know next week.
Sorry you had such bad luck with yours.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.