303 british

blackwidow

just wondering if anyone has ever tried to reload 303 british with retumbo powder?
my gun is no4 mk1* with 25 1/2 barrel shooting 180 gr seirra prohunters.
my load right now is rl-15 43.7 gr at 3.05 overall giving me 2550fps. just wondering if retumbo might give me the same velocity with less pressure
thanks -josh

Retumbo is waaaaaaaaay to slow burning for the 303 Brit. RL 15 works the best.

ok i was just checking. i have had 8 lbs of retumbo sitting there figured i would throw the idea out there. thanks!

Having 8 lb of Retumbo gives you an excuse to go out and purchase a big case magnum. Might I suggest a 264 Winchester magnum with at least a 26" barrel. For a factory built one a Rem. 700 Sendero comes to mind. Retumbo really makes my 264 Win mag scream. With 130 Nosler Accubonds it does 3350 fps with great accuracy.

i have the retumbo for my 375 cheytac that i had sent off to be rebarreled to a 338 snipetac. but the way finances are going im going to have to sell that when i get it back. i have thought about trying rl-17 in the 303 brit any one have any expirences with it?

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.