300wsm X bolt carbon finish

dirtboy

I haven't had this to the range yet, but does anyone have 300wsm xbolt. I want to see what kind of accuracy other are getting out of this

Myrifle30-378012.jpg

Nice looking gun you got yourself there. I would be interested in how it shoots. I took my to a range and got myself to under 1 inch with factory ammo. I took it out too 300 yards and only had 7 shots left with me. All 7 shots were with under 3 inches. Not to shabby. Just waiting for the # 5 shell holder to come in and then i can try reloads. Hopefully i can get some real good accuracy

Hey thanks. I'm trying to get some time to do some bow hunting once in a whil after work I have really play around with it yet. Let me know how you make out on the reloads.. Thanks again..gun)

What does "Carbon Fiber Finish" mean? Is it a carbon fiber stock or just a coating over some other core? What does the stock weigh? I've have several AR-10 and AR-15 rifles with carbon fiber stocks and handguards. Their main advantage is they're exceptionally light weight and rigid. They aren't all that strong and their while they have low thermal expansion they also have low thermal conductivity. They are comfortable to hold (unlike aluminum) but they don't provide good cooling for rapid fire.

Last edited:
I have an XBolt in 300 WinMag. Have only shot factory loads Nosler TG with 180 AB. Have shot it out to 500 yds and it holds consistent 3/4 moa. I've been happy:)

@ Loydboy, Carbon fiber finish means Just the finish was dipped in carbon fiber look. I dont know exactly what the stock is made out of. It is comfotable and throws up nice. The gun I got is a shot show model. Their was only so many made. It has a fluted barrel, carbon finish stock and the barrel and action were bead blasted finish which I like much better than the regular stainless, Its a grayer more non refective look for hunting. Also looks sharp.

The only thing I dont like which after the season ends this year is the trigger adjustment. Its supposed to go down to 3lbs and my dealer could only get it down to 3.6lbs. Which I still thill is a lot better than My old a bolt trigger.

@DanMan, I hope I can get that out of my gun..Browning, dispite theirs no accuracy garuntee fro what I think always had a good rep for shooting good.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.