300WSM loads for Browning A-Bolt?

jcpython357

I'll be loading for my Brother-in-laws 300WSM A-Bolt(Hunter model) and would like to know if anyone could suggest a bullet/powder combo for WIS. whitetails and western Muleys, I don't know if he'd want a MK, so lets try something else, no Barnes bullets, please, his shots are close here in Wi. Thanks, Jay

Jay,
I was told by the fellow that developed that cartridge that they are loading Win. 760 ball powder for their 180 grain loads. That might be a starting point if you are planning on 180's.

I have have had some great results with 150gn. Nosler Balistic Tips and 150gn. Fail safes in my 300WSM. I am NOT shooting LONG RANGE!! Like some of the folks here. Farthest Kill so far 627yards with a Balistic tip. Clean kill with exit hole.

Using IMR 4831, W760, and IMR 4350 all with great results seems that the gun is not too picky. Three shot groups all touching is common.

My hunting load is 70 gns of IMR 4831 using a Fed. 210GM primer and Combined Tech 150 gn Balistic Silvertips.

The 150 gn bullets seem to work well on deer sized game and wild boar in the 200lb class.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.