300wm throat length?

Powerstroke73

Installing new barrel on an old 700 300wm. I don't reload at the moment (hopefully that changes soon) but I do however have several hundred rounds of federal gmm that I'd like to shoot up. My question, how do I determine the throat length on the new barrel? I'm not set on one bullet and the max length for that bullet so I kinda need a "do all" throat length that will allow me to experiment down the road. Make sense lol? Thanks

Installing new barrel on an old 700 300wm. I don't reload at the moment (hopefully that changes soon) but I do however have several hundred rounds of federal gmm that I'd like to shoot up. My question, how do I determine the throat length on the new barrel? I'm not set on one bullet and the max length for that bullet so I kinda need a "do all" throat length that will allow me to experiment down the road. Make sense lol? Thanks

Go with the SAMME chamber and load to magazine length - .020 and you will be fine and all factory ammo will work.

Hear is a link to SAMME dimensions. (Use the bottom drawing)The top drawing is the cartridge dimensions, (Maximum and minimum)

http://www.saami.org/PubResources/CC_Drawings/Rifle/300 Winchester Magnum.pdf

Hope this helps

J E CUSTOM

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.