6.5 Creedmoor Throat Length

newhornet

Has Anyone got an Opinion on a Throat Length of .188 VS the Standard .199. Will be shooting the 140 Class bullets but am curious as to the effectiveness of also shooting 123-129s. Thanks!

I don't think the shorter .011" will hurt anything. If you get carried away getting VLD bullets on the rifling short enough to feed out of the issued box is non-VLD bullets can fall off inside the case to stay off the rifling. Lighter bullets usually have less taper and get into the rifling sooner. Again with only .011" I doubt you will notice much. In 5 or 600 hundred rounds it will be back out close to the .199" again anyway.

Dave Kiff Stated that some of His Competition Customers were very satisfied with the .188 VS the .199. I single shot follower feed, so mag length isn't an issue. Was just curious as to any benefits. You believe .011 will be lost in a Creedmoor in 5-600 shots?

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.