300rum more mag space

qqqq33

I have a Remington 700 chambered in 300 Remington Ultra Mag. I would like to take it out of the wooden stock it's in and put it in one of the available chassis. The problem I'm running into is my overall length from my cartridge exceeds the Remington 700 magazine size. I know for years guys have been running the Wyatts oversized box extension and having some Millwork done on the back of the receiver 2 increase the size. What needs to be done if I switch over to a chassis or can I still use the Wyatt's box in the chassis. I have no knowledge of this at all sorry if I'm asking an incredibly stupid question

Chassis usually takes a DBM (Detachable Box Magazine). You can get a CIP length mag that is a bit longer than standard, but still shorter than a BDL style with a 4" Wyatt's box in a stock.

So if I'm understanding you correctly. There is no way to use a chassis and get the same coal as a Wyatt's box magazine?

Accurate Mag Standard LA box magazine for .300RUM 3.715"

Accurate Mag CIP length box mag for .300RUM 3.850". Should be long enough for the 215 Hyb, and even the 230 Hyb.

BDL standard magazine box 3.710"

CFE-12 is 3.825" slight mods to R700, or most clones work. I run this mag in mine with 230 Hyb, and at .007" short of mag length, I have a .027" jump in a SAAMI chambered custom.

CFE-9 is 4.00" but sigficant mods to the receiver are needed.

Accurate Mag Standard LA box magazine for .300RUM 3.715"

Accurate Mag CIP length box mag for .300RUM 3.850". Should be long enough for the 215 Hyb, and even the 230 Hyb.

BDL standard magazine box 3.710"

CFE-12 is 3.825" slight mods to R700, or most clones work. I run this mag in mine with 230 Hyb, and at .007" short of mag length, I have a .027" jump in a SAAMI chambered custom.

CFE-9 is 4.00" but sigficant mods to the receiver are needed.
Yes ty!!! No prob on the mods. Off to the G.S.!

I think you can get some custom fiberglass stocks with the longer blind magazine setup.

I went with 338 RUM instead of 338 Edge because it is 0.090" shorter than the 300 RUM case. My idea is to have a CIP magazine length load and a single load length for ELR ammo using copper solids.

Any way, I hope you can figure it out. You might be able to match your throat to your bullet and you desired COAL if you don't have your barrel yet. The farther you push things, the more you need to get everything working together.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.