300RUM is back

Just looked at some old data from Alliant, looks like RE25 should be kick butt with 200g Accubonds. I'm gonna give it a try seeing as though my 300WM loves that powder. Interesting tale, one of my 300's has only ever seen RE25 fired through it, the haze cracking and throat erosion is far less than an equivalent barrel using H1000. My guesstimate would say it has about half the erosion and heat cracking with about the same number of rounds….

Cheers.
I found better stability with both RL23&26 and better velocity with RL26 overall.

RL33 though really shines in my Rum's where RL26 is my go to for the Winnies.

I found better stability with both RL23&26 and better velocity with RL26 overall.

RL33 though really shines in my Rum's where RL26 is my go to for the Winnies.
Thanks for the heads up, but either of those powders are Unicorn poo here, so I have ample RE25 and only hunt in low temps, so stability is not a factor.
Can't get anymore RE33 either, so what I do have is used in my custom 338-416 Rigby Improved, when it's gone, it's gone.

Cheers.

Thanks for the heads up, but either of those powders are Unicorn poo here, so I have ample RE25 and only hunt in low temps, so stability is not a factor.
Can't get anymore RE33 either, so what I do have is used in my custom 338-416 Rigby Improved, when it's gone, it's gone.

Cheers.
Well unless I'm mistaken it's all produced overseas by Ruag I think so hopefully the next boatload isn't far from a port on the East coast or Gulf of Mexico.

EDTA: Just looked, they've been bought out as well.

Last edited:
I'm finding it online but then that's how I have to do most of my component shopping because it's a long way between gun shops out here.

I have done business with Wholesale Hunter before with positive results.

Well unless I'm mistaken it's all produced overseas by Ruag I think so hopefully the next boatload isn't far from a port on the East coast or Gulf of Mexico.
I'm in Australia, no one is importing any Alliant powder here anymore.
The importer has dropped the ball and doesn't look like they will pick it up again saying the price will be so high nobody will buy it!

Cheers.

I'm in Australia, no one is importing any Alliant powder here anymore.
The importer has dropped the ball and doesn't look like they will pick it up again saying the price will be so high nobody will buy it!

Cheers.
Oh hell, best of luck then.

See if you can get H1000, it's my go to for large cases from 300wm through the Rum's if I have no RL33.

Oh hell, best of luck then.

See if you can get H1000, it's my go to for large cases from 300wm through the Rum's if I have no RL33.
All good, I have 16lbs of both H1000 & Retumbo with a further 10lbs of RE25.
Have RE33 of about 7lbs left, but will go fast as I load 121.5g with 300g Sierra's and 118g with 323g brass solids for ELR.

Cheers.

All good, I have 16lbs of both H1000 & Retumbo with a further 10lbs of RE25.
Have RE33 of about 7lbs left, but will go fast as I load 121.5g with 300g Sierra's and 118g with 323g brass solids for ELR.

Cheers.
I get it, that's why I hate sitting down to load up for the Rum's and why I like to load a couple of hundred rounds at a time. That way it doesn't hurt as often as if I were just loading fifty at a time. 😂

Got my 300RUM back from gunsmith. Had him install new 26" bartlein barrel, muzzle brake, triggertech trigger, trued the action and bed the stock. View attachment 336083View attachment 336084
H1000, Rutumbo, N570 amazing powders to run. Out of all the ultra mags I've loaded for (over 20) you can't beat H1000 or Rutumbo. I'm working with N570 and am amazed at some of the speeds I'm getting. Good luck and it's a fine rifle to have! Much love goes out for the fire breathing dragon!

180 accubonds and IMR4350, 200 Accubonds with Ramshot Magnum, 230 Bergers with H1000. All of these loads shot fantastic. I have a jug of N570 that I'm excited to start load development with the 230 Berger's. Only concern is I have 8 lbs and with the inability to locate more, I might steer away until I can get some more. 200 AB's and 230 Berger's have done exceptionally well for us. I've been wanting to try the 215 Berger's but the 230's have dropped large bodied elk at 500 yards with no problem, I don't see a need to change, but always down to experiment, haha.

180 accubonds and IMR4350, 200 Accubonds with Ramshot Magnum, 230 Bergers with H1000. All of these loads shot fantastic. I have a jug of N570 that I'm excited to start load development with the 230 Berger's. Only concern is I have 8 lbs and with the inability to locate more, I might steer away until I can get some more. 200 AB's and 230 Berger's have done exceptionally well for us. I've been wanting to try the 215 Berger's but the 230's have dropped large bodied elk at 500 yards with no problem, I don't see a need to change, but always down to experiment, haha.
You should do very well with RL33 or Retumbo with the heavies I should think if you can't find more of the VVN.