6.5-300rum

Saw your thread on your 6.5 wsm.. Nice rifle!

The wby wildcat is nothing special its just MUCH more efficient than 6.5 ultra cannons..

Thank you for the kind words. That was my point, kinda:rolleyes:. Your WBY wildcat is reaching STW velocities with a fair amount less powder... thats pretty impressive.

I think the Ultramag 6.5 are still cool but require a lot thought to make it perform to its best. i.e. the 30' (or better) barrel, working like crazy to find that perfect load etc. They all have their place. Some are a PITA for sure but heck, some folks enjoy that :D

t

I think the Ultramag 6.5 are still cool but require a lot thought to make it perform to its best. i.e. the 30' (or better) barrel, [...]

I wanna know what kind of velocities you are getting out of a 30 foot barrel. That's Big Bertha territory there...

I wanna know what kind of velocities you are getting out of a 30 foot barrel. That's Big Bertha territory there...
pretty good velocity but the harmonics are crazy with two gunbearers holding on and it's a bit hard to swing on a running deer with a 30' pipe.....

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.