300rum brass????????

There is a place D&L sports in Wyoming that has Federal 300 Rum brass. Run a google search and it should come up.
To be honest, my experience may not be the norm, but the remington primer pockets are much tighter than the federal. I haven't measured neck inconsistencies in the federal, in that area I would suspect it is better than remington. I was getting 4 firings from the remington, might could have gotten one or two more, the federal after the first firing the pockets are very loose. I have shot some twice but I have not tried to load them a third time(just due to time) but I don't know if theyll be tight enough for another firing.

Nosler will be introducing brass sometime in 2006. Should be an improvement over the R-P. I dont have any means of measuring brass, but have read a lot bad things about R-P. I have loaded mine 5 times now and can hopefully go 2 more. Primer pockets still seem mighty fine. I am getting decent accuracy, at least under MOA for my factory Rem 300 RUM. I cant complain to much about the RP brass, but I will be trying the Nosler brass when it comes out, thats for sure.

I haven't seen any other then Rem. in Midways magazine. The Rem shells have been good for the 300 RUM. I've beem getting
10 loadings with them using my 338 RUM. I think its the no belt and using the neck base to support the shell that makes them last. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

jro45

That is cool that you have gotten 10 firings out of your 338 RUM. I am on my 5th or 6th firing, I have a hard time remembering if they've been shot or loaded, vice versa. Its give or take 1. I know that much. I dont have a case tumbler so after about 3 firings on any of my cases, they look pretty dirty and ugly, but they are still clean, just not shiny. I hope I can go about 2 more firings that would be nice. At least someone else is getting quite a few firings.

Just a word of warning. After having a case split in the chamber I will never push the limits. Brass is cheap compared to a burnt chamber. Not to mention the lost sleep and saddness caused by damaging your favorite rifle. All of your work getting to know your rifle can disappear with one pull of trigger. It will never be the same.

remingtonman_25_06 I don't tumble my brass either. Good shooting to ya. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.