300PRC Wyatt’s Box Feeding Issues

tannerb80

I recently had a 300 PRC built off a Christensen action. I used the Wyatt's 300 PRC mag box kit and am having some feeding issues. About 1/3 of the bullets feed correctly, 1/3 ram into the top of the action and get stuck, and the last 1/3 fly out of the action before I can close the bolt. I've never run a bullet this long box fed, so I'm not sure if this is the nature of the beast or what. I am going on a big hunt soon and can't help but play out a scenario where a follow up shot is needed and I end up in a bind.

Thinking about switching to the Hawkins Hunter DBM, but they are expensive and mags are hard to find.

Thoughts?

Adjust the Feed lips like dinosaur said above or you may need to adjust the depth of the bottom metal. I just went through heck trying to get a Wyatt's SAUM box to feed correctly. It was doing exactly what yours was doing. I was able to get a 90% solution if I ran it hard before my big hunt. Well, that 10% failure rate reared its head on my hunt when I tried to get off a follow up shot off. Now I have a h/s precision DBM. Interestingly enough when I first mounted that it had the same issue? I didn't want to screw with the feed lips so I started slowly grinding down the pillars in the stock with a drimel. After a ways it started feeding smooth as butter. So half of me thinks my original bottom metal was too far out as well? Who knows, could be your issue? Good luck!

Ryan