300nm question

ozzie longshot

Hi guys ozzie here from longshot shooting supplies from across the pond in Australia.
There are 2 cartridges I have been hearing so much about from you guys on forums ect and I'm very interested. First was the 338NM which I just finished building and is shooting ridiculous groups at LR and I'm more then happy with and also out does my 338LM.. I'm now interested in the 300NM but I can't find any info on it what so ever.
My question is can I just use a 300NM die set and resize the 338NM cases or will I come across some dramas. I will be putting it in an XLR chassis,HART barrel and stiller action as that's what I import from the States. My other question is will i have to buy another stiller Tac338 for this cartridge to work?. Any info would be greatly appreciated As no one over here likes to try new gear out.
Cheers
Ozzie.

If you mean 300/338 Norma aka .300 Norma Magnum. .300 Norma Magnum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As I understand it, yes you can run the 338 Norma through a .300 Norma Magnum die and get the desired results.

Things to look for, thick necks but I doubt it. If you have bushing dies, you might not even need a new set just bushings and expander. Short necks.

Ya that's the one. Have been hearing you run pretty much the same setup as the 338NM but smaller neck on case. Thought id see if this was the case or not as there seems to be alot of people trying both cartridges.
Thanks for the reply.
Ozzie

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.