300NM “SLR” wildcat help please

ZAR LRH

Playing around with the idea to use a 300 NM, increase the the shoulder angle to 35* by pushing the shoulder back, similar to what guys do when forming SLR brass from 243. The reason for this is to utilize the benefits if a improved shoulder and longer neck without increasing the volume. Anyone doing something similar? Any advice and things to incorporate into the reamer design, die(s) for forming and the forming of the brass?

Another name for what you are asking about is a 7.62 PRO designed by @Swamplord

Search for threads by Swamplord and you will find it.

Thanks Jfseaman. Found some small bits of info on the 7.62 PRO. Will contact swamplord. Cheers

Also search for 300 JAZZ
A Wildcat done even before they came out with the 300 NM
Should find some information on what you are looking for

Playing around with the idea to use a 300 NM, increase the the shoulder angle to 35* by pushing the shoulder back, similar to what guys do when forming SLR brass from 243. The reason for this is to utilize the benefits if a improved shoulder and longer neck without increasing the volume. Anyone doing something similar? Any advice and things to incorporate into the reamer design, die(s) for forming and the forming of the brass?
Search for a 300 Skadi. It is a 40° version of what you are wanting.

Thanks guys!!! Any of you guys with wildcat experience, what would you guys incorporate in a wildcat based on the following criteria: 300NM brass, 35* shoulder and keeping the case volume the same around 103gr H2O. What step would one follow to form brass? Would one require forming dies and if not would one go for bushing or none bushing FL dies?

Last edited:
You are going to be pushing your neck back about .140". I would want two form dies for that process. The neck will be about .440" long after the push back. I would leave it that length. The lower 1/3 of your neck will be thicker than the top 2/3. You will need to neck turn to correct that issue.

Thanks Edd. Do you shoot the 300 SKADI? Why would you want two dies for pushing back the shoulder?

I would want two dies because the difference in the neck and body diameter is about .220" and I think that is too much to push back in one step. Three steps would be ideal but since you aren't moving the body, I think you can do it in two.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.