300 WSM factory ammo for Deer

Inside 500yds the Fusion 165's are very effective and accurate in mine. Past 500yds I'm finding the 178 AMAX's from HSM to be scary accurate.

The 300 wsm really shouldn't need a brake, but they are sometimes useful for extended renge time with a rifle.

I can't shoot with a break on a rifle (subconscious flinch) though I wish I could for when I'm sighting it in or changing ammo. My LH Win Model 70 .300 WSM's nick name is the mule. It's totally abusive and not even pleasant to shoot, but is it deadly accurate. Like most any rifle when shooting hogs or deer I never notice the brutality of the kick. Even Chad Dixon at LongRifles Inc said after he rebarreled my 300 WSM it was one of the most abusive rifles he's ever had the displeasure of pulling the trigger on! I originally thought it was the Win Featherweight stocks so I had Accuracy Innovations build me a AAA grade exhibition walnut Weatherby MK 5 style stock. Gorgeous stock, still kicks like mule!

I don't reload so I use factory ammo. My rifle loves Fed Premium 168 & 180 gr Barnes triple shock bullets. Both of these give me consistent half moa accuracy at 100 yards for 3" groups.

My hunting partner has a model 70 300wsm and it kicks harder than my tikka 300wsm with same ammo and even with lighter bullet ammo and it is slightly heavier (I think) I personally believe it is in the stock design but can not claim to know exactly why as they are very similar.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.