300 wm factory ammo

Clndesl

Ok so I fun ally got to the range with my model 700 police in 300 wm and I was impressed. Using the cheap federal vital shock 180 grain at 100 yards I could put 3 round groups on top of each other and using my Winchester elite xp3 it opened up to about an inch. My question is what usually shoots good out of these rifles at longer distances. The federals are not good above 500 yards I know that. I was looking at the hsm 185grain Bergers. Any feedback on that or maybe someone will have some better suggestions. Thanks.

I will give them a try and I am looking to punch paper and shoot game. It would be nice to use the same ammo for both. I am curious about others experiences with smk and game. Thanks

I too am going to start playing with the 300 win. I have a couple boxes of factory federal that I will burn up to get used to the rifle and to make some brass. I am going to try the 190 hunting VLD if I can get the velocitys over 2850 with the 190 in my 24" barrel it is gonna be my light gun for 1000 yard shoots this year.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.