300 wsm brass.....which one???

Elkwonder

Ok so I am new to the reloading world, and am trying to get all set up. I have recently purchased a new in box FNH 300WSM and am getting my stuff together to start reloading. My question is, is it worth more than twice the price for Norma brass over winchester brass for the 300? I can get 100 new brass in winchester for 80bucks, but 100 norma brass is 180 bucks. Is it really worth it for the Norma over the Winchester? Ill gladly pay it, if its worth it, just don't want to give away 100 bucks if its not needed. Thanks in advance

I've used norma brass and found it to be a little soft for my liking. Win brass is fine, it will probably need just a little more work than the norma. I'd break in the barrel w/ some factory loads and reload the brass, it its not too expensive (never shopped 300wsm ammo). If you feel you're not getting the most of your rifle look into some other brass.

I have found Norma to be far superior to Winchester. I have beat the daylights out of my Norma wsm brass and I just keep loading them up and annealing when needed.

Which brass? Whatever you can find and use until you get some experience with reloading. 300 WSM brass in my neck of the woods is about impossible to find.

Ok so I am new to the reloading world, and am trying to get all set up. I have recently purchased a new in box FNH 300WSM and am getting my stuff together to start reloading. My question is, is it worth more than twice the price for Norma brass over winchester brass for the 300? I can get 100 new brass in winchester for 80bucks, but 100 norma brass is 180 bucks. Is it really worth it for the Norma over the Winchester? Ill gladly pay it, if its worth it, just don't want to give away 100 bucks if its not needed. Thanks in advance

The WW will serve you just fine. If you can get them $80 for 100, get enough to last you and quick, they are hard to come by these days. And if you do not like them, I'll buy them from you. :D:)gun)

I had to buy3 boxes of factory WW ammo to break in my rifle and to stock up WW brass until I can get a hold of virgin or 1st fired brass in my inventory.

My experience with Win brass is mostly positive. If you go with Win brass, be sure to deburr the flash holes - some have gnarly burrs in there. Also, once in awhile I get a piece that won't fit in the shellholder because the rim is too thick.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.