7 Mag Brass ??? Which one

For what it's worth, the load I'm shooting is 71grn,H-1000,cci 250 mag primers,win brass. Sometimes I use Remington brass, really can't tell a differance! This is with the Berger 168 VLD. Just my two cents!

Dick

i Have been using Winchester brass for two years now and haven't any problems with the 168's.

Try H4831sc , my R700 loves 65.5grns H4831sc and the 168 hunting bergers liked about 100off lands.

MV was around 2975

MOA to 800 no problem.

Many years ago, before so many powders come out another good powder for a 7mm was IMR 4350. the load I was using was 64grn,CCI 250 mag primer,Winchester brass. I used this in a Remington Sendero(26"barrel). this was before Berger started making bullets like they do now. I was shooting a Sierria 160 Game King. it shot 1/2 in an better(depending on me)! Today with technology, I havnt seen a 7mm mag that doesn't like H-1000. As far as brass goes,(all I have is Winchester an Remington) I havnt seen that big of a difference. guess later i'll try other brass . Just my 2cts:D

DT

i was using norma cases religiously for 2 years but it started getting expensive having primer pockets loosen after 3 reloads (norma here is $250/100) and they werent max loads. hot but not max. i switched to winchester a few months back and and happy i did ($45/50) it takes a little more case prep but thats the fun of reloading for me. i have 3 reloads on the first 20 cases and the pockets are still nice and tight. i annealed the cases after the first loads ran through and they are looking better than my norma cases were.

I use Winchester brass. Generally get 7-10 firings out of the brass before its shot. I have used Remington & it seems okay also. I always weight sort my brass & most of the time there is only 2-3 pieces that are over 4.5 grams difference. I have used Nosler brass on both my .270 & 7 mag. That brass is 100% garbage in my opinion. The primer pockets are blown out in 1-2 firings with the loads I regularly run Winchester brass 7-10. I had one on a second firing leave the primer in the action after I ran the bolt to eject the shell. I guess if a guy wanted to change their proven load & load them down they might work but that doesn't work for me. 69.5 grains h-1000 .024 off the lands Berger 180 fed 215 primer shoots awesome in the cpg 7rem mag.

I used winchester nickel plated brass in my 30-06 for a year or so untill i could save some funds for some lapua brass. I was able to get around 10 loads on it as long as i annealed them every few loads or so. also the pockets never got loose I just figured it was time to toss them after ten loads. they were also very consistent in weight and h20 capcity compared to the standard winchester brass. oh ya and a lot easier to clean.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.