300 WSM brass?

Rusty85

LRH Team Member
My first 300 WSM throated for 215’s should be done in the next few weeks. What brass is everyone running?

Rusty85

LRH Team Member
How many firings are you guys getting out of Norma?
I can get Bertram from Caleb but he’s saying that the weights are all over with the batch he has right now.
I’ve heard rumors about ADG making it but from what I understand it’s just rumors.

L.Sherm

LRH Team Member
Not only there weights are horrible neck thickness is all over the place

Rusty85

LRH Team Member
I was able to get a few pieces of the first 33 nosler that they ran to test and it was really consistent in both neck thickness and weight.

25WSM

If you keep the loads mild Norma will hold up but if you push it any the primer pockets go away fast. You can count how many times you fired it by counting the ejector marks on it.
Shep

Shortmagman

I have loaded a number of calibers with Norma brass[280 Rem,270 Win, 6.5 Cm) including the Short Mags. In my experience the Short mag brass is different. it is heavier than Win, Fed, and Rem etc. So my Norma short mag brass has never experienced loose primer pockets even after 10 or more firings. I may not have pushed the loads but my loads would not be considered mild.

Trending threads

Recent Posts

Nightforce has great tracking capabilities, they are rugged, a bunch of elevation, holds zero forever, and reticles are designed for long range shooting. So if you are looking to shoot long distances constantly, then you need a scope that can take the abuse. -- gilmillan1

Culture Of Excellence At Nightforce Optics
By Len Backus

A high level of quality both in production and in service. Read More

Nightforce is such a solid combo of reticle, available elevation, glass that is good enough to shoot at the longest range you can dial. Nightforce has bullet proof construction that can handle the incidental horse rolling or some other rodeo action. -- bigngreen

Nightforce ATACR Scope Review
By Jeff Brozovich

The new NightForce ATACR is for sure a top choice for any long range shooter. Read More

The total package. Nightforce is the best I have used as far as turret feel and solid detents. I have never had one that didn't track right on and always return to zero. Nightforce NXS is the best value for everything I need. -- Broz

Nightforce Velocity 1000 Reticle Review
By Scott Shreve

I think Nightforce knocked it outta the park with this reticle! Read More

NightForce