300 WSM Berger 200.20x vs 205 elite hunter

I know the latest trend is to load a 300 WSM in a long action but...... The idea of a short action sending 200 plus grain bullets at 2800 fps with the powder charges I'm seeing has me rethinking all this. Looks like all the elk medicine I'll ever need and a fun rifle to shoot targets out to distance.

There's a Howa 1500 stainless locally for sale in 300 wsm. I'm trying to research it before making a trade offer. It has the Hogue stock on it.

From a 26" barrel I can push the 200.20x a bit over 2900fps with h4831 even in fairly soft brass. In the new adg brass I hit 2950 with no pressure signs. From a 24" I was around 2850fps.

Haven't shot an animal with them yet, but I did place ok at a couple club f-class matches. The accuracy is pretty stellar for me. I might have to give them a try this fall on an elk and see how they do.

Custom Defiance SA with Wyatt's extended box in CENTER feed. Center feed is the key for reliable feeding and an extra bit of internal box length. Barrel is a 26 inch Bartlein 3B fluted.
Does the center feed mag box limit you to two WSM rounds in the magazine? What bottom metal are you using?