300WSM and 205 Elite Hunter

Has anyone found a stock that helps to mitigate the realized torque force. I'm shooting an introductory year Win M70 featherweight. Which is not very light with its Win Magnum barrel. But L. Sherm is spot on about the torque. I'm shooting 180 Scirocco II x 67.5 gr RL23 @ 2984-ish MV x 8 fps ES. During load development I realized the torque when shooting 67.4 to 67.6 gr because I started getting horizontal stringing to the right when I failed to restrain the butt with my left hand. Would love to find a stock that helps for my long action build.
Edit: I want to avoid a chassis / pistol grip stock. They hurt my eyes.

Last edited:
It has been discussed some…IMO, you want to seat those 3.1" roughly. That will either leave you limited with a 3" short action or unlimited in a long action. This will of course be a custom throat.

FWIW, AICS WSM mags are 2.98".

You might look at a Sherman…Then it is developed for you and aligns to std action sizes pretty well.

I would check out the Sherman options also.
I hear his website is very affordable and easy to use. He also offers all the necessary tools and related items and has brass when most were out for months. Maybe a hand reamer with correct seating depth for 208's.

Frogman, which long action did you build on? I'm shooting a short action now but am just about ready to buy a long action.
Tl3 long action in a bedded krg bravo. I could eventually upgrade to a manners but it's shooting so well I have no reason to change right now.