300 WM, Tikka T3X Lite: Accuracy, Experiences, Recommendations?

i wonder why anyone would build a short mag on a short action? Yes it can be done but is it ideal?
If accuracy is your goal, there is nothing wrong with a wsm on a sa Rem. I prefer tikka, but both will shoot great

Liability concerns in our litigious society pretty well eliminate any of the manufacturers from taking substantial risks with questionably safe actions.

I certainly would not buy a cheap action planning to use it for a base for a big magnum not supported by that manufacturer in their factory actions. If you follow that rule I think you're pretty safe.
What actions do you consider cheap and why?

What actions do you consider cheap and why?
I wouldn't be afraid of any of the major manufacturers but for example, I would never build any of the super size magnums larger than the Rum Case on even a Remington 700 because there's just not enough meat to work with and the action gets very thin once it's milled enough to open it up for the extra large case.

I also don't think I'd build something like that on an action that didn't have both front and rear locking lugs.

As a rule I would not use an action for a cartridge the parent manufacturer doesn't support in their own factory or custom rifles.

Like I said, liability concerns will keep the US manufacturers and importers from producing inherently risky or dangerous actions but we can get into trouble doing customs on actions not designed to support the cartridge.

AICS magazines can be used with after market bottom metal along with 1:9 or 1:10 barrels if you want to stick with a Tikka platform and shoot long.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.