300 WM Lapua brass

platapus

Like many, I have been waiting for Lapua to release the 300 WM brass, forever.

I had been using ADG brass and it's toast after 4 reloadings but I did a 5th hoping Lapua would be available before I bought more ADG. I anneal after every firing.

This is with a Berger 215, Federal 215 primer, and H1000.

So just wondering if anyone has done any load development going from ADG to Lapua with a similar combination. Are you around the same charge weight?

Obviously I'll be doing load development from scratch just curious to see what others experience is.

Thanks

Charge weight will be different, so load development will still need doing.
I received my Lapua 300WM brass recently, it is just as good as my Lapua 300WM brass I bought in the 80's, only difference is the weight and capacity.

Cheers.
P. S.
Why do you spell Platypus "platapus"?

Charge weight will be different, so load development will still need doing.
I received my Lapua 300WM brass recently, it is just as good as my Lapua 300WM brass I bought in the 80's, only difference is the weight and capacity.

Cheers.
P. S.
Why do you spell Platypus "platapus"?
I knew it would be different, just curious how much. I'll do the full load development regardless.

Platapus was a nickname from the 90s, no other reason.

Like many, I have been waiting for Lapua to release the 300 WM brass, forever.

I had been using ADG brass and it's toast after 4 reloadings but I did a 5th hoping Lapua would be available before I bought more ADG. I anneal after every firing.

This is with a Berger 215, Federal 215 primer, and H1000.

So just wondering if anyone has done any load development going from ADG to Lapua with a similar combination. Are you around the same charge weight?

Obviously I'll be doing load development from scratch just curious to see what others experience is.

Thanks
Not trying to talk you out of waiting for the Lapua, but if you are open to options that are as good or better than the Lapua, you might want to check into the Peterson - especially the long version. Below is a link to a thread that was created detailing the Peterson Longs.

If you are inclined to go the Peterson route, Grafs has them in stock as I type this.

Not trying to talk you out of waiting for the Lapua, but if you are open to options that are as good or better than the Lapua, you might want to check into the Peterson - especially the long version. Below is a link to a thread that was created detailing the Peterson Longs.

If you are inclined to go the Peterson route, Grafs has them in stock as I type this.

I already have the Lapua, thanks for the read though. Maybe someday I'll give it a try.

Thanks for the heads up @badthirtyone I just picked up some Peterson Long to give a try. Great article on it too.