Lapua vs Norma brass 300 WM

It's hard to deny for me... Here is a piece of virgin Norma .300WM brass and a 2x fired Nosler 7mm STW brass. Just like in Graphology (the study of handwriting), there are similar patterns emerging, to my eye. Notice the "N", "O", "M", and "W" on both headstamps. To me they appear to have been struck by the same stamping machine with a simple lettering change for the caliber and brand.

53B85C41-AB86-4BEC-B4D9-551E2BB04C65_zps2kbbmipm.jpg

My experiences with Federal's crap brass tells me there's no way in hell Federal makes Nosler brass... However, Federal could use a different alloy mixture and make the Nosler brass stronger. But the main reason I feel Nosler brass is made by Norma is proof in the pudding... Look at the headstamps. They use almost identical lettering just 2 different words.

This summer I was in a store in Minnesota not too far from where Fedral brass is made.
I was taking to the owner about brass, quality and availabilty of it. We were discussing Nosler brass and he told me that a few people that worked in the Federal plant said they made the Nosler brass. That was directly from employees at the plant.
He said that it was made on a different line and obviously it was weight sorted, flash holes cleaned and chamfered. He never said if it was made of differnt alloys or not.

I had alway heard that Nosler brass was made by Norma but this was always just stories. So after hearing directly from employees of federal I would tend to belive them.

i still want to know if anyone has compared the weights and capacity of Norma vs Lapua brass in 300 Win Mag? How about hardness?

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.