300 win

Welcome to Long Range Hunting!

We also will need a little bit of help from you as well. Pictures of the cartridge cases and targets along with a description of the loads, bullets and the rifle itself.

Did you test the scope first?

Thanks!

:)

the loads are factory, I'll get details. A couple gunsmiths are suspecting that it may need a good cleaning in the chamber and the bolt head could be a factor.
1000005208.jpg
1000005206.jpg

Welcome to Long Range Hunting!

We also will need a little bit of help from you as well. Pictures of the cartridge cases and targets along with a description of the loads, bullets and the rifle itself.

Did you test the scope first?

Thanks!

:)
This ^^^^^^^^^^^.
Manufacturer, barrel type, length, reloads or factory, new or old gun...etc....

Please clean the corrosion/verdigris out of that brass if you're going to relaod it, it'll cause dangerous levels of pressure when the bullets chemically lock to the neck. I had a box of Remingtion 175gr that vaporized two primers before I stopped shooting it. I wet/pin tumble all my brass nowadays. If you're getting erratic behaviour with your current loads, pull a bullet or two and check the necks for corrosion. Be safe.

we don't reload I was asking about the chaffing near the belt and the oblong or crimp in the neck. tks everyone. I sure enjoy the forum

Are they all oblong like that?
Also, seems like something going on just above the belt in the chamber.
Clean the crap out of it and find a bore scope to take a look at what is making the marks on your brass

Are they all oblong like that?
Also, seems like something going on just above the belt in the chamber.
Clean the crap out of it and find a bore scope to take a look at what is making the marks on your brass
thank you, yes all like that. it is second hand from a guy I suspected used 7rm.
we were using Federal Power Shoc 150 grain. 16 shots. 1 shot Winchester PowerPoint 180 grain and this was very hard to remove. the bolt extractor did remove it. I had to hit it with my hand fairly forcefully.

thank you, yes all like that. it is second hand from a guy I suspected used 7rm.
we were using Federal Power Shoc 150 grain. 16 shots. 1 shot Winchester PowerPoint 180 grain and this was very hard to remove. the bolt extractor did remove it. I had to hit it with my hand fairly forcefully.
You really need to get a bore scope in that chamber to see what is going on in there