300 win mag to 300 rum

alloutsmith3

How hard is the conversion from 300 win mag to 300 rum. Would the conversion be worth it or would going from 300 win mag to 338 edge be a better conversion. I'm new to the long range world and want to start putting together a solid 1100-1200 yd rifle. Thanks for the opinions.

How hard is the conversion from 300 win mag to 300 rum. Would the conversion be worth it or would going from 300 win mag to 338 edge be a better conversion. I'm new to the long range world and want to start putting together a solid 1100-1200 yd rifle. Thanks for the opinions.

Do you have a 300 win mag now? if so that is a 1200 yard rilfe all day long

Right now all I have is a 308. I'd like to stay with Savage as my platform. I am new to customizing rifles so any help and opinions is greatly appreciated.

Savage are great guns. Pac nor makes pre fit barrels for them. If I had to pick over again I would go with a 300 RUM over the win mag. You can get a stevens action for less than a savge and its the same thing. I have my savage in a bell and carlson stock I'm very happy with it.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.