300 win Mag RPR Deal

motrapper

Ok a Local guy has a 300 win Mag RPR for sale only 20rds down the pipe
a Vortex strike eagle 5x25 FFP ebr reticle
Warne rings and leve;
atlas bipod prs

for 1,550.00

sounds like a good deal or 2 good of a deal???

Ok a Local guy has a 300 win Mag RPR for sale only 20rds down the pipe
a Vortex strike eagle 5x25 FFP ebr reticle
Warne rings and leve;
atlas bipod prs

for 1,550.00

sounds like a good deal or 2 good of a deal???
Well it could be a very good deal, or not so good a deal. I have owned a cople of 300WM, some shoot, some don't. You didn't mention who made the rifle, only the caliber. From past experience with not only the 300WM but others as well, quality of the rifle is more important than the gadgets put on it. Most actions work well to load, fire and unload the cartridge but if you have to replace a barrel then your expenditure for the rifle can now become un-economical and you would be better off buying a new rifle and putting your choice of scope on it, although the Vortex scope meets my meager requirements a Viper would be more to my liking.

RPR= ruger precision rifle.
Well it could be a very good deal, or not so good a deal. I have owned a cople of 300WM, some shoot, some don't. You didn't mention who made the rifle, only the caliber. From past experience with not only the 300WM but others as well, quality of the rifle is more important than the gadgets put on it. Most actions work well to load, fire and unload the cartridge but if you have to replace a barrel then your expenditure for the rifle can now become un-economical and you would be better off buying a new rifle and putting your choice of scope on it, although the Vortex scope meets my meager requirements a Viper would be more to my liking.

Yes Ruger Precision Rifle.
Never had a Vortex Strike Eagle zero stop and its Illuminated 5x25 FFP seems Nice not like my Leupold Mark 5 but nice. Vortex Bubble level also. And

Warne Scope Mounts MFG 7814M Skyline 1 PC Precision MOUN, Multi

The Atlas Bipod adjusts all over the place took some figuring out with the forward backward legs etc... Also New Soft case that fits it.
Scoped barrel looks clean and nice left 1 mag full of 215 bergers
Pulled the bolt Like New so I assume the 20 round cnt is close also found out he is the Firearms Manager at Sportsman Warehouse might come in handy to locate some powder and primers. Said he would get what comes in.

Heck I paid 1,600 for the same gun in October just the gun. So I am pretty happy
What do they say Blind Hog finds a acorn every now and then. LOL

Attachments

• ATT00001 (2).jpg
    ATT00001 (2).jpg
    509 KB · Views: 16
  • ATT00001 (1).jpg
    ATT00001 (1).jpg
    469.1 KB · Views: 22
  • ATT00001.jpg
    ATT00001.jpg
    417.5 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Never had a Atlas bipod is that a throw lever for it to engage and disengage the Picatinny rail ?
Are they a good bit better than a Harris?