Custom .300 win mag??

Lilwhitelie

I am located in ms and am looking for a custom .300 win mag for mainly long range hunting that isn't so bad on weight that it is a pain to carry. Not good reviews on local builders here and barrels, actions, triggers are Greek to me. Any help appreciated. I currently have a browning a bolt .300 and it has been great for 20 years but just want an upgrade.

dont worry about being less than knowledgeable on the piece parts to a custom build - - that is partly (in my opinion) what a competent builder should be able to provide you...ideas, what works what doesnt etc

your budget will dictate what you can and cannot get.

Travis at RBros rifles builds some of the (arguably) best hunting rifles you can get. he tests' each and everyone in the field - - like they are intended to be used.

on more of a budget build, Alamo Precision Rifles, will let you customize the rifle to your likings (color, flutings, etc etc) for a very attractive price.

one thing i would emphasis is pick up the phone and talk to your builder, you will hear lots of horror stories on here with no return calls, no emails, 3 year lead times, 1 year missed promise dates etc i would steer clear of anyone that doesnt take 3 minutes to talk to you before taking your hard earned money.

good luck.

Give Dallas Lane a call at Lane Precision Rifles. I have three and a 4th being built. I think that speaks to his quality of work.

Good luck!

scottyboy is right on the mark with R Bros Travis has built me 5 rifles one being a 300 win mag he is building #6 now that should say it all about his work and he is out standing to talk to and help you get the rifle you wont

Try Darin Blagg @ Blagg Rifles in Pendleton Oregon. He builds one hell of a shootin machine at a very reasonable cost in relationship to others. He is as knowledgeable and non-salesman as they come meaning each part will be 100% your decision. He will give you advice on anything you are interested in. His most recent build for me was a 7 mag-Stillar Pred action- Benchmark 5R- Jewel trigger- In house custom built stock and it has shot a 1 3/4" 3 shot group @ 601 yds. I was just there last wknd planning my next build!!!!

I am located in ms and am looking for a custom .300 win mag for mainly long range hunting that isn't so bad on weight that it is a pain to carry. Not good reviews on local builders here and barrels, actions, triggers are Greek to me. Any help appreciated. I currently have a browning a bolt .300 and it has been great for 20 years but just want an upgrade.

lightbulbWhat is "your" realistic budget for the rifle build only?lightbulb

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.