300 win mag reamer

The 300 WM SAAMI chamber is a weird one to me. It has very little free bore(around .012) and it is sloppy. Because of the slop the lead actually allows a 215 Berger to be seated out quit a bit to touch the lands. Rhian's reamer is much tighter for theoretically improved accuracy and has a better freebore/lead. I will have to go look up numbers but I am pretty sure I was still within the 3.7" Rem mag box but mine was a custom action with a Wyatt box installed. The only advantage to a Wyatt box is if you truly need it to allow a bullet to be seated out far enough to reach the lands. If you don't need it it is of no advantage.
Thanks for the quick reply. I will continue to do research on this

I own this reamer and have built 2 rifles wit it. I used the Wyatt box on both r700s and it has worked out very well. H1000 and 215 with this reamer and a good barrel is a hard combination to beat. I have had great luck with ADG brass and win brass with this reamer.
Kyle

I own this reamer and have built 2 rifles wit it. I used the Wyatt box on both r700s and it has worked out very well. H1000 and 215 with this reamer and a good barrel is a hard combination to beat. I have had great luck with ADG brass and win brass with this reamer.
Kyle
Thanks for your input. I'm getting components together for my first custom rifle (very expensive for me) and I don't want to screw or up. Any input is appreciated.

defiance deviant ga hunter
Proof carbon sender 26" 1:10
AG adj hunter stock
Trigger tech special

I have ran 28" 9 twists Bartlein's on mine. I don't know your intentions but I would go with the 9 twist to get all the 215 has to offer. I am north of 3000 FPS with h1000. I would guess a 26" will be above 2900 easily. It's a great combo. We have killed 12 elk and a pile of deer with this combo. The performance is heavily documented by Broz and Big Green. I just measured my base to tip over all length and I am at 3.720" seated .010" off.

Bumping up an old thread that I had looked at awhile ago and logged in the memory bank......I'm looking at all of the options out there for 300 WM Reamers and this one bigngreen posted looks like one that I'd like to use. Does anyone who posted here have a reamer they would consider selling or renting before I look into ordering one? Thanks for the info you all provided here!

Ok so with this reamer you get .005 neck clearance? And you want it in that neighborhood not tighter like .002-.003? And it is desirable to have some free bore? .040 sounds like a lot to me but I'm still new to this and so far seat all my loads to touching lands in my rifles
How well does your rifle shoot? Group size distance? Etc....