300 win mag N570

Here in East Texas the summer temps are brutal. Myself and several other shooters have tried RL26 in our .300 win mags with good velocity results.Speaking mainly of the Hornady 208 ELD. The loads we shoot in the cooler months show no pressure in our rifles until (each rifle slightly different) until the temperatures get higher in the summer months... velocity spikes and bolts get sticky. We do not have this problem with H1000.. Sorry if I seemed to push my opinion off on on you... I probably should have explained from the start.

I have not used Reloder 26 in 300 WM but have used over 24 lbs of it in other calibers with no real issues shooting in temps over 100F. It is a little temp sensitive but not anywhere close to some others I have used.

I too use it in my .300 w/215gn Bergers and 212gn ELD-X's and have not noticed any spikes with it as of yet. In a previous lot, that I used in my 6.5-284 and 147gn ELD-M's, I had some strange pressure signs from one week to the next with no change in load components or weather conditions. The only thing I can think of is I might have cleaned my barrel and that caused pressure issues.

I had the exact same experience... My load was fine at 45 degrees .. I went barbary hunting at 80 degrees and locked the bolt up on a gun.
.. Summation.. If you hunt in cold temps or cooler.. RL 26 will be fine for you.. I wouldn't use it in hot temps it is un
reliable.. jmho.
I have had no problems with N-570 cool or hot.. 78 grains is magic with the 215 berger... The only thing about 570, is like some other powders, you have to decrease a grain or two or increase to keep velocity the same.. different lots of powder vary a bunch.

I personally try to do all my load development in warmer temps here in Texas, that way I know it's always going to be safe. If I hunt in very cold temps, I'll just get a new velocity when I get to the hunt for drops.

With that method, I've used RL26 in my 22 creed, 6 creed, 7 saum and 300 wm with no issues of pressure spikes.

Just how I do it, but something to think about. If it's safe at 98*, it'll dang sure be safe in 30*.

I personally try to do all my load development in warmer temps here in Texas, that way I know it's always going to be safe. If I hunt in very cold temps, I'll just get a new velocity when I get to the hunt for drops.

With that method, I've used RL26 in my 22 creed, 6 creed, 7 saum and 300 wm with no issues of pressure spikes.

Just how I do it, but something to think about. If it's safe at 98*, it'll dang sure be safe in 30*.
I learned about that when I was new to reloading. I worked up a load in my .270 with Rl22…in January…in Saskatchewan. Was perfect then, 140 btsp at 3080. Went and shot it in June, froze the bolt right up!