300 Win Mag Load with Superperformance or RL 22

deerassassin22

I'm looking for any loads people might have for 165grn Bullets and up with the two above powders. Also wouldn't mind seeing data for NORMA powder which seems to be available.

Gun: 26inch Browning AB3, 300 Win Mag

I'm looking for any loads people might have for 165grn Bullets and up with the two above powders. Also wouldn't mind seeing data for NORMA powder which seems to be available.

Gun: 26inch Browning AB3, 300 Win Mag
What does your reloading manual say?
Google can tell all!

What works in my rifle seldom works the same in others.

Cheers.
gun)

I don't have the book's for Berger or the new Hornady Book. And its not in their load center I'm awaiting response from Hornady Still.

Plus it interesting to see other people loads to give me ideas on what I can try.

Last range session i got 3/4 MOA at 250 yards with my browning 300 win mag with the 26 inch barrel.

75.5 grains reloader 22, 180 grain accubonds. winchester brass, cci magnum primers.

I dont get the luxury of loading the O.A.L to the lans with this rifle, only to the maximum allowable length of the magazine.

Hope this helps.

Well I got a buddy who had the Berger Book so I got some loads and range time in today. I'm new to shooting Centerfire Rifle haven't shot one in over 6 years LOL so I have to work on my groups and trigger but the Chronograph Results are in and they are looking good. I did notice I'm about 200FPS faster then Berger's book with a 26inch Barrel which is what I have. I understand all barrels/guns are different thought that was interesting. I will highlight the 2 Best loads. I loaded some at 77.2 to see what I can get. I only trimmed to length, uniformed primer pockets, wet tumbled them. As soon as I get my box from Sinclair I will trim Melplats, Sort Bullets by Weight, Brass By weight, and start neck sizing/trimming should be a great load.

Powder: RL-22
Weight: 77.0grains
Bullet: Berger 168 VLD Hunting
Primer: Win Large Rifle Magnum
Shot 1: 3333; Shot 2: 3333; Shot 3: 3341; Shot 4: 3341; Avg Vel: 3334; ES: 16; SD: 6
COAL: 3.340
TTL: 2.608
Brass: Winchester Brand New Cases

Powder: RL-22
Weight: 77.4grains m ( .2 from MAX LOAD)
Bullet: Berger 168 VLD Hunting
Primer: Win Large Rifle Magnum
Shot 1: 3341; Shot 2: 3333; Shot 3: 3341 Shot 4: 3341; Avg Vel: 3339; ES: 8; SD: 4
COAL: 3.340
TTL: 2.608
Brass: Winchester Brand New Cases

I've been using rl22 with 165 hornady bullets in a number of 300win rifles for years. With the hornady I land at 78 grains at a bit below 3300 fps in my browning ab2 ss stalker lh 300win using win brass and 215 primers. I think you'll do well with the berger accuracy wise, but the 300win may drive that bullet a bit hard for good game performance. I'd take a look at a bit heavier berger if I wanted to eat what I hit with it.

What have you used on Game so far? Deer down south are rather small LOL I don't eat the ribs and internals but at the same time don't want to vapor rise them. I was looking at maybe the 175 or 185grn Berger VLD Hunting Bullets.

I shoot few berger bullets, but many here do. They gravitate to the heaviest in the caliber for the bigger chamberings so the bullets don't grenade when they hit.

I've been killing with the hdy 165 interlock for 20 years now and it has never failed me. My current rifle likes the flat base, some of my previous 30's have liked the bt. Anything from smallish white tail to full grown mule deer bucks.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts