7wsm load data with superperformance?

upacreek

Does anyone have any info on this topic? They have load data for .243wssm and .300wsm but nothing in between. I thought I would throw the question out there. I will call hodgdon tomarrow.

I have loaded SuperPerformance in the 6mm Remington and regularly use 48 grains of it with 87 A-Max and 90 Berger VLDs.

I handload 6.5 WSM and 270 WSM. I have in the past loaded 270 Weatherby, 7mm Remington and 300 WSM.

The SuperPerformance powder would probably do great with 120gr and 130 gr bullets in your 7 WSM. It is way way way too fast for the 168 gr bullets. Check your burn rate chart. I believe that H-1000, Reloader 25 or Retumbo would fill the case and give you the best velocity and accuracy. Hodgdon does not list SuperPerformance for the 7mm WSM. That should be a clue.

SuperPerformance is very temperature sensitive ball powder.

A friend that I shoot with loads the 168 Bergers in his A-Bolt in 7mm Remington. He swears they are the most accurate bullets he has used.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.