300 Win Mag ELD-X load testing?

How many have been having success with factory 1:10 twist? I have a buddy who bought a Sendero 300 win mag and it doesnt shoot the 215's? I know they recommend 1:9 twist with the slower speeds they produce out of the 300 win. My ultra shoots 215's unreal but 3125 fps.

Interesting. Every Sendero, 5R, or 700 LR that I've loaded for has shot the 215 very well with 77 grains of H1000 at a Hornady comparator Ogive length of 2.846" in Nosler/Norma brass. Not sure what it is about that length, but it works and they feed from the magazine perfectly.

The 10 twist has worked perfectly for me even in below zero temps at < 1000 feet ASL.

first post here...
I have just started playing with the 200 eldx in my 300wm.
my pet load is 185 berger vld targets with RL-22. Normally half moa or better, but seems to be temp sensitive and very finicky...

I started loading the 200eldx with RL-22, .02 off lands.
today = 27deg, no wind. 500ft elev.
I loaded from 68.5 to 72g in .5g steps.
best 2:
69.5 - SD of 5 2770fps avg. decent grouping at 200, but falls apart at 400+
72g - SD of 9, 2870 fps avg. 2" at 200, and around 3" at 400.

after reading thu this thread, i am considering loading up some with H1000 since i have a little on hand. according to the Hodgdon load info, 76.2 is max but it looks like a lot of people are having good luck at 79g, so I will start at 75.5 and load in .5g steps and keep an eye on things..

does H1000 seem to more temp stable (consistent) in your experience?

thank you all in advance for your wisdom

Savage 110FCP
26" Savage bbl, .86" Dia
McRees Precision chassis.
Viper HS-T 6-24x50
I've always had great luck with H-1000 but I'm definitely going to give both RL 23 and 26 a good workout for both my 300wm's and 300 Rums.

I wish they'd do the smart thing and go back to H870 as it would simplify our lives greatly.

Hopefully this page will copy properly, if it does you'll see a lot of good options with Hodgdon powders.

Take Aim at Rifle Reloading Data | Hodgdon Reloading
Sorry I can't get the load data to cut and paste but hopefully you can follow the link to it.

Alliant has a very good but limited amount of data available both on their site and ini their online reloading manual which you can download. The latter has much more detailed load info than the former.

I am also signed up on a subscription service that gives you data from I think up to six different sources. I'm looking here at data for 190g Berger and with RL22 using 68gr of powder for a 2740fps and 68 grs fpr 2970fps mv.

For RL 25 they are showing 73.5gr for 2863fps/mv.

Next for 77.2grs a mv of 3002

On another set of loads I'm seeing starting out with H-4350 64.0gr MV 2802 and nex 67.2gr of H4350 for an MV of 2924

H4832sc 65gr yielding a MV of 2616.

Next they show H-4350, 64.0grs and a MV of 2802

Last they give us H1000 with a charge of 75.0gr yielding a mv of 2797

They are paired this way to give you both minimum and maximum safe loads for each powder.

My next step would be to try a slower burner like H1000 or Retumbo. Using the same bullet, 200ELD-X, with 79gr of Retumbo, I chronograph 2890FPS out of my 24" Rem 700 Milspec with.25-.5MOA groups.
RL 26 would be a great candidate as well. Many people are picking up 100-150fps faster than with anything they've tried prior and doing it with less pressure and even more importantly hold nice sub MOA and half MOA or less.

Wildrose is correct, I've been shooting R26 in a 300WM Rifle I just built in August of last year. The Rifle is a Trued 700 with 29.5 inch 1-10 twist Krieger. I had no problem getting 3121fps with the 200gr ELD-X . The groups were small and consistent. And the ES was 8 fps.. Of course the brass had been prepped and sorted. I hunted with the Rifle this deer season. I am very impressed with the performance of the new powder and bullets. Deer were taken from 380 to over 750 yards with the same result, The animals went straight down. Anyone having problems tuning their Rifle might want to give R26 a try.

Hilts Accuracy Custom Rifles

300 Win 200 grs. ELD-X Seating Depth

Hi Folks, I have started to play around with this bullet but I do not seem to get good results at the moment.

Could you Guys tell me which is the best Seating Depth for the mentioned bullet ?

Does it need the same attention as the Berger VLD's ? ...or is it not so sensitive ?

I have no problems with Cartridge Overall Length, as I am single feeding.

Thank you in advance.

:D

Re: 300 Win 200 grs. ELD-X Seating Depth

Hi Folks, I have started to play around with this bullet but I do not seem to get good results at the moment.

Could you Guys tell me which is the best Seating Depth for the mentioned bullet ?

Does it need the same attention as the Berger VLD's ? ...or is it not so sensitive ?

I have no problems with Cartridge Overall Length, as I am single feeding.

Thank you in advance.

:D

No bullet is immune to seating depth tuning, not even the Berger hybrid. I would run a Berger seating depth test to figure out where the ELD-X performs best in your rifle.

Not sure if it will help, but my 300 RUM came in at .095 jump with the 212 ELD-X, which means that the ELD-X will tolerate some jump.

I recently loaded up a handful of 200 ELD-X in my 300 win mag and did zero load development. I just used the exact load that I use for the for Berger 210 VLD, which has a .085" jump. And the 200 ELD-X shot right at .4 MOA. I bet I could dial it in more since the 210 VLD is a 1/4 -3/8 MOA load in my gun.

So another data point that the ELD-X will shoot well with some jump.

Well, so far I didn't have much luck with the ELD-X 200...
I've tried different seating depth but poor groups, so far.
I'm gonna run the Berger VLD test and see how they do.
If results are still negative, I'm gonna drop the project and go back to Bergers and Nosler Accubonds.

Although it's a very light hunting rig with a 0,66" muzzle OD, I know my rifle is capable of 1/2 moa.

If results are still negative, I'm gonna drop the project and go back to Bergers and Nosler Accubonds.

Although it's a very light hunting rig with a 0,66" muzzle OD, I know my rifle is capable of 1/2 moa.

If you can't get them to shoot, send them my way. I'll make sure they all pile together in groups :D

��

H4831sc. Shoot it around 2850fps
Tried a lot of different powders but this was buy far the
Most accurate.