300 Win Mag and RL 26????

I use 75.8gr of RL26, Berger 215 hybrid, new nosler brass, CCI 250 primer - but I have a custom chamber allowing 3.70" COAL. In a factory chamber you should be a few grains lower.

this load shoots 1/2" moa out to 1,000 yards and is very consistent.

with RL26, I usually do my load development in 90*+ to make sure I'm not over pressure - then I confirm my velocity again during hunting season. I've never had a problem with over pressure when I do it this way - also use RL26 in 22, 6 and 6.5 Creedmoor with the same routine.

it's a great powder if you make sure you don't get too close to max to avoid an over pressure issue

One of the best ever loads in my 300 Win mag is a max load of RL-26 with a 175 Barnes LRX. Great accuracy and 3225 ft/sec. The only problem is finding more RL-26.

Well I bought an 8 lb RL 26 jug. I also found some 180 SSTs. First load I tried was a .8" group at 100. Hoping this was not a fluke. This gun has been running 1.8-2" groups. I free floated barrel and bought torque wrench for the action screws. This thing may have just been loose in the stock. It is
My buddies gun. So dang glad I got an under MOA group.
Would like to try ELDX 200s. Stuff is hard to find!!!!!

One of the best ever loads in my 300 Win mag is a max load of RL-26 with a 175 Barnes LRX. Great accuracy and 3225 ft/sec. The only problem is finding more RL-26.
Yea I had never used it but my powder dealer said it is like magic fairy dust. He convinced me I better buy the 8lb jug because I would be super disappointed when I fell in love with it and couldn't get any more.

Loading RL26 with 168 TMK in my 300 Win Mag. Preliminary loads are very promising. This rifle Will not go hunting, Just shooting an occasional target, the stock is a Weatherby Custom Deluxe and don't want it dinged up.

Last edited: