300 Win Mag 215 Berg Hybrid ?'s

ShootnMathews

I know some are using the 215 hybrid with good results on game. My main question is what kind of yardage to they seem to be best at on game? Where I'm at 98% of the shots on game will be 300 yards of less. But I do so love the occasional long shot. I need to use a bullet with good lethal results at 50 - 300 yards but still put a whallop on a deer at 1000.

Will the 215 hybrid do that or should I be looking at a different bullet??

If the 215 will do for that, how are you loading them? Powder? Brass?

They will kill just fine at 50 yards. Just stick it behind the shoulder in the crease. And if you go through a shoulder that close expect meat loss from the velocity. Like with any bullet.

Jeff

They will kill just fine at 50 yards. Just stick it behind the shoulder in the crease. And if you go through a shoulder that close expect meat loss from the velocity. Like with any bullet.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff. Much appreciated. I alway shoot for a double lung shot. Doesn't matter if it's 10 yards or 800. Not sure I've ever seen a deer that I couldn't get a broadside shot at. Just have to be patient.

Thanks again

Do you use a meplat uniformer or inspect your tips? Or just load and hunt?

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.