215 Berger Hybrid .300 Win Mag. Update

Bought a new CA Ridgeline 300 WM. A 215 Berger to touch lands 3.94". Box is 3.7". Berger 215s have only the boat tail In the case. CA says they chamber to SAAMI specs. A previous contributors' CA rifle measured the same. Is this the standard specs?

Bought a new CA Ridgeline 300 WM. A 215 Berger to touch lands 3.94". Box is 3.7". Berger 215s have only the boat tail In the case. CA says they chamber to SAAMI specs. A previous contributors' CA rifle measured the same. Is this the standard specs?
Did you resolve the long throat issue with Ca.

No way that can be right. That thing is loooong throated! I recall that i was running somewhere around 3.660" to touch rifling with the 215 in a SAAMI chamber. I know i could have loaded on the lands and still fit rounds in the 3.7" mag box.

No way that can be right. That thing is loooong throated! I recall that i was running somewhere around 3.660" to touch rifling with the 215 in a SAAMI chamber. I know i could have loaded on the lands and still fit rounds in the 3.7" mag box.
Thanks for the confirmation. CAs' response via e-mail was that they chamber to SAAMI specs. Don't have any faith that they will fix. Very disappointed.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.