300 Weatherby Questions

i would get a remington 700 long range if i could not get a sendero. 4.5-14 or a 6.5-20. 26 barrel in stead of 24. also weight helps for distance. you did not say what scope or model the 270/30-06 are.

I have no experience with the .270 ; but the 30-06 is a great long range round. go to riflemansjournal. you do not have to wait for 300wby; just load up some 175 or 168 bergers in the 30-06 .

My 270 is a ruger m77 mark II and the 06 is a winchester 670. My plan is to ultimately put a vortex diamond back hp or one of the vipers on both of those with at theat 4-12X44. They are both wearing bushnell scopes at the moment. The 270 will be good out to 400 ish I would say, and the sendero would be nice but if I go that route I would buy a 300 rum. But I really do like the weatherby round. I've debated the 24 vs 26 inch barrel and I think the 24 would be better as I usually end up walking up through trees then moving around the outskirts of meadows that can be as far as 1000 yards for shootable areas. My thought is that the 24 will be long enough to reach out and touch something, but still easy enough to take a shot in the trees if I need to. I'm ultimately looking at picking up the weatherby right before hunting season when I get my bonus from work.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.