Weatherby Weathermark questions

EFR

What is the consensus on the Weatherby MkV Weathermark? The older model with the LXX trigger?

I have a Vanguard S2 in 243 that I bedded and put in a B&C stock, and added a Timeny. I really like the rifle. I'm not done with load development, but I have 87gr Bergers around 0.75 moa without much work. I have been shopping for one in 257 and found a few MkV Weathermarks in 257, and considering the price of adding a stock and trigger to the Vanguard, the Weathermark is not that far off.

How happy have people been with the later (California) MkV Weathermarks? Accuracy is very important to me.

Thanks for any insight.

What is the consensus on the Weatherby MkV Weathermark? The older model with the LXX trigger?

I have a Vanguard S2 in 243 that I bedded and put in a B&C stock, and added a Timeny. I really like the rifle. I'm not done with load development, but I have 87gr Bergers around 0.75 moa without much work. I have been shopping for one in 257 and found a few MkV Weathermarks in 257, and considering the price of adding a stock and trigger to the Vanguard, the Weathermark is not that far off.

How happy have people been with the later (California) MkV Weathermarks? Accuracy is very important to me.

Thanks for any insight.

I have built many rifles on the Mark 5 action and I have found no difference in the quality of the actions no matter where they were made. I have all of the actions and the only difference is That the trigger on the actions made in Germany are different than the US and Japanese action.

Some of the triggers are very good and others need to be replaced. If I had one complaint, it would be the barrel weights are on the light side for accuracy.

Wood stocks range from OK to very good for accuracy, and composite stocks are normally very good.

J E CUSTOM

Last edited:
I have 1 in 6.5-300, the LXx trigger is like a timney and the rifle flat out shoots especially for a 7# sporter.

20180610_125716.jpg

Thank you for the input and guidance gentlemen. I purchased a Mk. V Weathermark last evening. It will be a bit before I get it, and a while before I get to shoot it; as I have no brass, dies, or even 25 cal bullets, but I'm looking forward to it.

I have not made the time to shoot it yet. I have the scope (Meopta), bought Talley one piece rings, and have the recommended powders. I have to pick up bullets; would like to try ELD-X in this rifle. I really want to bed this rifle, as I do not like pressure pads and the factory bedding is not impressive, but i know that thought is ignorant before even shooting it.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.