300 Weatherby Mark 5 action build

TopPin

Currently debating on what to do with this rifle. I have a 300 weatherby in a mark 5 action, and obviously the barrel Is done, unless you consider 2 inch groups with factory ammo and hand loads a sweet shooter. Due to personal morals I dont want to just sell it to someone and waste their money. Looking for ideas as a direction to go with re barreling into a different caliber. And it will not go back to a 300 weatherby. Dont really want it due to my love affair with the 300 Rum. Looking for ideas for a new build around the Mark 5 action.

Don't have any suggestions on what to do with it but, do you have any ideas how many rounds you got out of the barrel?

Currently debating on what to do with this rifle. I have a 300 weatherby in a mark 5 action, and obviously the barrel Is done, unless you consider 2 inch groups with factory ammo and hand loads a sweet shooter. Due to personal morals I dont want to just sell it to someone and waste their money. Looking for ideas as a direction to go with re barreling into a different caliber. And it will not go back to a 300 weatherby. Dont really want it due to my love affair with the 300 Rum. Looking for ideas for a new build around the Mark 5 action.
Mag feed or single shot? Hunting only with occasional Lr or lots of Lr?

I'd disclose accuracy and sell it for option 1. For option 2, I'd go 7mm Remington on it with an 8 twist. Better actions than a Mark V to build on, so I'd trip it and not look back.

You gave your own answer turn it into a 300RUM. You said you like that cartridge and the Mk V action is strong. They can be what ever length you want it to be. That is my thoughts any way just don't sell the gun the action is what you want and you have it in your hands.

Why not a lapua improved either a .338 or a .375. Both would be great and that action can hold up to the best brass and loads. .375 would allow you to run a bit shorter barrel and still have good speed for like weight Bullets.

338 RUM or 30-378 Wby

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.