300 weatherby barrel and stock combo

reggart

I have a 300 weatherby mark V lasermark. The barrel is a 26" #2. What barrel contour would i need for threading a suppressor? I assume i would need to replace the stock, which I want to do anyway but I don't know which stock or barrel to get.

Most smiths recommend 0.725 minimum muzzle diameter, so there will be approx. .050 shoulder for the break to bump up against, #2 contour WHBY is 0.6125 at the muzzle. Probably need a #4 contour or a Bull Sporter contour this is a Bartlein Barrels description for their blanks.
You can inlet the barrel channel to fit a new barrel, there are many to choose from.
I have the same rifle and I put a Bell & Carlson on it still had to do some inletting to get it free floated before I bedded it.
Here is the link- http://www.bellandcarlson.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_ID=1067

Most smiths recommend 0.725 minimum muzzle diameter, so there will be approx. .050 shoulder for the break to bump up against, #2 contour WHBY is 0.6125 at the muzzle. Probably need a #4 contour or a Bull Sporter contour this is a Bartlein Barrels description for their blanks.
You can inlet the barrel channel to fit a new barrel, there are many to choose from.
I have the same rifle and I put a Bell & Carlson on it still had to do some inletting to get it free floated before I bedded it.
Here is the link- http://www.bellandcarlson.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_ID=1067
Thank you

I have a 300 weatherby mark V lasermark. The barrel is a 26" #2. What barrel contour would i need for threading a suppressor? I assume i would need to replace the stock, which I want to do anyway but I don't know which stock or barrel to get.
brother, I might be interested in buying your old stock if not all scared up

I just saw a brand new Mark five Weatherby at the Gunsmith. It is the new model with the titanium action and a very slim number two barrel with a break already on it. The barrel looks like the same Krieger barrel that is on my ultralight Weatherby Mark five. The Rifle was chambered in 300 Weatherby mag and the Gunsmith was mounting a scope on it. He commented he would not want to shoot a super lightweight 300 Weatherby mag. I'm sure the muzzle brake is really needed on that rifle. Perhaps Weatherby can give you information on purchasing that exact barrel and muzzle brake combination

I just saw a brand new Mark five Weatherby at the Gunsmith. It is the new model with the titanium action and a very slim number two barrel with a break already on it. The barrel looks like the same Krieger barrel that is on my ultralight Weatherby Mark five. The Rifle was chambered in 300 Weatherby mag and the Gunsmith was mounting a scope on it. He commented he would not want to shoot a super lightweight 300 Weatherby mag. I'm sure the muzzle brake is really needed on that rifle. Perhaps Weatherby can give you information on purchasing that exact barrel and muzzle brake combination
We have one of these.
They come from the factory with a muzzle brake in the box.
I can tell you that while it "looks" like the barrel on the old Ultralights the new ones are a much better item. Running the borescope down it, the barrel has the nicest finish of any factory barrel I've seen.

FYI, you can use "any" contour to mount a suppressor, you just need a thread adapter from what's on your barrel to the thread of the suppressor. These are commonly available. Suppressors are generally made for 5/8-24 thread, but many barrels are 9/16 with skinny ones being 1/2-inch thread.

Two of my older Weatherby's Mark V are from the late 70' early 80. My Small action Mark V Ultra light is about 13 to 14 years old. When its time for new barrels, I want that barrel, if Weatherby will install it and head space it . It looked incredible ! Is it their own barrel, or do they get it from a barrel maker??? Thanks Doc.

Two of my older Weatherby's Mark V are from the late 70' early 80. My Small action Mark V Ultra light is about 13 to 14 years old. When its time for new barrels, I want that barrel, if Weatherby will install it and head space it . It looked incredible ! Is it their own barrel, or do they get it from a barrel maker??? Thanks Doc.
I believe they upped the specs from their barrel maker.
Having looked down a lot of Wby barrels I was very impressed.
Soon I'll see if it even shoots.
And yes, they will install it on a rifle for you.

Thanks Doc that's very good to know. That new Weatherby Titanium Mak V rifle was one of the best looking Rifles I have ever seen in my life!

If the barrel diameter is to small, a good gunsmith machinist will build a sleeve that will tread on tha small diameter, and then cut the thread patter needed to accept the thread pattern needed for the supressor.