300 SMKs from my back stop.

royinidaho

I had to redo the front end of the target holder/back stop due to massive sand leakage.

I retrieved these from the sand.

My problem is that any groups under 1" at the back stop (200 yds) the third shot of a three shot group with either the 338 RUM or 270 AM completely penetrates and dusts on the lava rock I have stacked against the rear of the back stop. That's pretty much of a bummer as I will have to fill the lava rock w/sand also.

These bullets have penetrated 3/4" plywood backed by another 1/2" plywood then 8" of good old Idaho blow sand. Really fine stuff.

Penetration is usually around 4 to 6" of the sand depending on which shot it is.

300-SMKs-from-backstop.jpg

Nice photo Roy. Looks like they open up nicely.
My buddy has a 338 Edge that he has shot out to 2100 yards at a railroad tie and it'll push the 300gr SMK ALL the way through it:eek:

I hate all residents of Bikini Bottom, especially squidward. The nephews drove me crazy with angular bottomed absorbant bob.

nice picture. looks like that episode of Sponge Bob where the jelly fish are after him.

gamedog

what size groups is your freind getting at 2100 yards?
who built his rifle?
Michael, they were shooting at a steel siloutte that I think is 24" x 30". They were keeping most hits on target once the wind was doped.
The rifle was built by the same guy that built my Edge. Longshot Precision Rifles-Conrad MT
There was a railroad tie corner post near the siloutte they were shooting at. The Edge will push a 300SMK all the way through a tie at 2100 yards.
Awesome:cool:

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.