.300 Sendero Load Data

Bigge

I just bought a .300 Sendero with Vortex glass. Everything is new, looking for a great load to start with. Looking to shoot probably 180 grain bullets. Any feedback on the e tips? If anyone has some load date out there for a .300 Sendero I would appreciate any info. Looking for a good group 3MOA or under at 300 yds. Thank you!

Load data is individualized by each and every gun out there. Just because one load works perfectly and shoots 1-hole groups for one person, doesn't mean that the next guy will even get 1 MOA groups @ 100 yards.

The best thing you can do is to buy a reloading manual for the brand of bullets you plan on shooting, and use the load data they recommend.

If you are new to reloading do ALOT of reading and watch some of IraqVeteran8888's videos on YouTube. He is very helpful and shows you the basics.

Bigge- my appoligies on the pm. sent you 300wm loads. my brother and another buddy shoot the RUM. my buddies is the most accurate sendero of 30+ . easy .5 inch at 100 . he put 11 in a group you could cover with your hand, at 1k during the match. ron

i cant say for 180 grain bullets but my sendero loves 215 berger hybrids with federal match 215 primers and 90.2 grains retumbo and 3.800 oal. consistent 1-1.5 inch groups at 220 yards in my rifle

180's will work in the RUM, but where you are really going to see it shine is in the heavier bullets. Take a look at the 215 or 230 Berger Hybrids, the 200 Nosler Accubond, or the new 210 Long Range Nosler Accubond.

I appreciate the help everyone. I do have quite a bit of experience with reloading, just looking for a direction to go with powder etc. May try the 180 e tips with Retumbo

I've used retumbo exclusively with my 300 rums in one (my sps) I use 180gr sciroccos in the other (my custom) I use the 230gr Bergers. I haven't shot anything with my custom with the 230 Bergers but I've shot a lot with the 180 gr sciroccos and 190 gr Bergers. Both are very impressive! But the 180 gr sciroccos perform amazing on game. The deer didn't do so well with them this year!

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.