Load data

Seymour

I apologize in advance if this has been discussed before, and I'm sorry if it is old hat. I'm looking for a way to keep my load data on my laptop. I'm not a techy so I don't really know where to look. I'm tired of having books for every rifle and was thinking, there has to be a better way to log all of this. Any info is much appreciated. Again I apologize if it's been talked to death. Thanks for any input and help.

I apologize in advance if this has been discussed before, and I'm sorry if it is old hat. I'm looking for a way to keep my load data on my laptop. I'm not a techy so I don't really know where to look. I'm tired of having books for every rifle and was thinking, there has to be a better way to log all of this. Any info is much appreciated. Again I apologize if it's been talked to death. Thanks for any input and help.
Excel spreadsheet

Second the above. A spreadsheet is the way to go.
If you don't have Excel (not cheap), there are open source application suites now with spreadsheet applications that are a lot like Excel, for the Windows platform. LibreOffice is the one I use. Google Apps also has a good spreadsheet that works inside the Google browser. Heck they even have them for your smartphone now...

Thank y'all, I'm guessing these options can be set up to any liking? Sorry I'm not real computer savvy.

Thank y'all, I'm guessing these options can be set up to any liking? Sorry I'm not real computer savvy.
Spreadsheets are just like lists with rows and columns that you can label as you want. You can also adjust the length and width of the rows and columns to fit your need. Spreadsheets will even do math for you. For example, they can automatically add (sum) the numbers in a particular column for you, if you want.
The browser Google Chrome, comes with a set of apps. One of them is a spreadsheet. This would be good place to start to see if you want to use one to organize your load data. There are lots of videos on Youtube that will help you get going with spreadsheets. There is probably one to help you with the Google Chrome spreadsheet as well. There is a bit of a learning curve but a spreadsheet can be very useful with other things as well.

Yes, excel! Spreadsheets aren't that complicated, unless you want them to be? I use them to find velocity vs powder plateaus but it morphed into way more than that? I add all shooting data and even target images. I do however, keep a binder for each rifle, and print a hard copy that goes in it. With Google sheets, I can access it from my Google drive on phone.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.