.300 RUM Recoil

Your felt recoil is affected by the weight of the rifle, if you get a slender barreled rifle with a composite stock - it will beat the crap out of you! I have a heavy barrel and a McMillan A5 stock on mine and she tips the scales at 16 lbs, and it kicks about like a .308. My cousins .300 Win Mag is a 7.5lb rifle, and it kicks a lot worse than my Ultra Mag. So if you can add weight to it, it will help you out.

Hello all, This is my first post so i apologize if it is in the wrong section. I am going looking in to getting a .300 RUM and was wonder how manageable the recoil is. I am pretty much set on this caliber as of now but i would just like to get a heads up on it so i know what im getting myself into. I have shot a .388 ultra mag quite a few times (my brother owns one) so my question is, compared to the .338 how is the recoil of the .300 RUM. I only weigh in at 140. Am i going to have trouble dealing with the recoil? Thanks for any input.
Hello I'm also new member, I bought rem. 300 rum Tupperware stock recoil was stout to say the least but the barrel jump was terrible, Vias break and a quality butt pad made it very comfortable. Since then pulled action out and built custom rifle around it but that's another story good luck!

Hello all, This is my first post so i apologize if it is in the wrong section. I am going looking in to getting a .300 RUM and was wonder how manageable the recoil is. I am pretty much set on this caliber as of now but i would just like to get a heads up on it so i know what im getting myself into. I have shot a .388 ultra mag quite a few times (my brother owns one) so my question is, compared to the .338 how is the recoil of the .300 RUM. I only weigh in at 140. Am i going to have trouble dealing with the recoil? Thanks for any input.

Really depends on several things, setup, total weight of rig the load and your recoil sensitivity. You could always go with a break. It will cut recoil in half or more depending on style and help you see impacts down range if you don't have someone watching

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.